This section sets out our operating intentions for the next three years. We have two key priorities that will enable us to meet our outcomes. The two priorities are strongly inter-linked and drive all activity. They are supported by a focus on improving our capability and effectiveness.
In this section
- Operating intentions
- This section sets out our operating intentions for the next three years. It outlines the activity we will undertake in our two priorities, supported by a focus on improving the capability, effectiveness and responsiveness of the Ministry.
- Operating framework
- The operating framework broadly outlines the activity we will undertake to achieve our priorities.
- Priority one
- This section describes our focus on improving education outcomes for Māori learners, Pasifika learners, learners with special education needs and learners from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- Priority two
- This section describes our focus on maximising the contribution of education to the economy.
- Improving the Ministry’s capability, efficiency and responsiveness
- This section describes the improvement in capability, efficiency and responsiveness required of the Ministry to achieve our two priorities.