Statement of Intent 2012 – 2017
The Ministry of Education’s Statement of Intent 2012 – 2017 sets out the key elements of how we will contribute to the delivery of Government’s priorities for education.
In this section
- Foreword Minister of Education
- Foreword to the Statement of Intent 2012 – 2017 from the Minister of Education, Hon Hekia Parata.
- Foreword Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment
- Foreword to the Statement of Intent 2012 – 2017 from the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment, Hon Steven Joyce
- Introduction from the Secretary for Education
- Introduction to the Statement of Intent 2012 – 2017 from the Secretary for Education, Lesley Longstone
- Nature and scope of our functions
- Describes the nature and scope of the Ministry of Education’s functions and presents a snapshot of information including a profile of the Ministry, a profile of the education system and an overview of Government expenditure on education in 2012/13.
- Our operating context
- This section discusses the Ministry’s operating context, including education system performance at a glance and Government priorities.
- Strategic direction
- This section sets out the Ministry’s strategic direction.
- Operating intentions
- This section sets out our operating intentions for the next three years. We have two key priorities that will enable us to meet our outcomes. The two priorities are supported by a focus on improving our capability and effectiveness.