Publications and resources
Publications showing how the Ministry of Education will achieve its outcomes and the Government's wider goals for education. You can also access Regulatory Impact Statements (RIS) and download copies of our strategic publications, including our Annual Report and Statement of Intent.
In this section
- Briefings to Incoming Ministers
- Ministry of Education's briefing documents to the Minister of Education and the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment
- Annual reports
- Links to the Ministry of Education's current and archived annual reports.
- Statements of intent
- Statement of intent publications setting out key elements of how the Ministry of Education will contribute to the delivery of Government themes and ministerial priorities for education, the actions that will be taken to achieve those outcomes
- Regulatory Impact Statements
- A RIS provides a high-level summary of the problem being addressed, the options and associated costs and benefits, consultation undertaken, and the proposed arrangements for implementation and review
- Ministry of Education position paper: Assessment
- Ministry's position on assessment. Our vision for assessment.
- Every day – Social services that help New Zealanders thrive
- Delivering Social Services Every Day brings together the ways in which education, health, social welfare, housing and justice agencies are working together to improve the lives of all New Zealanders.
- Performance Improvement Framework follow-up review
- Performance Improvement Framework follow-up review of the Ministry by the State Services Commission
- The New Zealand Education Profile
- The New Zealand Education Profile provides key statistics from early childhood education through to 18 years of age.