Me Kōrero - Let's Talk!
Ka Hikitia – Managing for Success 2008–2012: the Government’s Māori education strategy is coming to an end.
We will be redeveloping the strategy for another five years. It will be called Ka Hikitia – Accelerating Success 2013–2017 and it will focus on getting an even greater step-up in achievement for and with Māori learners.
An engagement document has been developed as part of the refresh.
Me Kōrero - Let's Talk! will:
- tell you a bit about Ka Hikitia
- provide you with a snapshot of the current picture for Māori learners in education
- highlight some of the Government’s key ideas for making a difference over the next five years and beyond
- tell you about the Government’s focus on targets and driving improvement based on the evidence of what works best
- ask you questions about what you are doing to raise Māori learner achievement so that we can provide information and support to help you accelerate action ‘on the ground’.
At the bottom of this page is a downloadable PDF of Me Kōrero - Let's Talk! along with a shorter version focused on parents and whānau supporting Māori education. Both English and te reo Māori versions are available.
We want to hear your ideas
We want to know more from you about what you think works 'on the ground' to raise achievement for Māori learners and what kinds of support you need to make things work better and faster.
Please read Me Kōrero - Let's Talk!, or the parts that you are most interested in, and provide your thoughts and feedback using one our online surveys listed below. The cut-off date for submitting your answers is Friday December 21 2012.
Your answers will help us:
- get a picture of what you are doing to help Māori learners achieve their full potential
- know what kinds of information or support will help us all raise achievement together.
This information will help us to develop Ka Hikitia – Accelerating Success 2013–2017 but, more importantly, ensure that it helps deliver real gains for Māori learners in education for the next five years and beyond.
If you have any questions regarding Ka Hikitia, Me Kōrero - Let's Talk! or the survey questions please email Ka.Hikitia@minedu.govt.nz.