Budget 2012 information release
The following Ministry of Education documents have been published as part of the Budget 2012 process. The information published includes key Budget documents and decisions. Note that for each document an explanation of any redactions made and the reasons for these has been included.
The range of information published is significantly wider than in previous proactive releases. There is a high level of public interest in decisions made about education matters as shown by the number of Official Information Act requests that have been received by the Minister and the Ministry of Education, and the Ministry is committed to transparency.
The information published covers the majority of the information requested under the Official Information Act. The following information, which has been requested, but which is not included in this release of documents, is withheld under sections 9(2)(g(i), 18(f) and 9(2)(f)(iv) of the Official Information Act:
- Internal Ministry emails exchanged during Budget preparations.
- Some communications provided under urgency.
- Policy initiatives under active consideration.
- Other information covered by constitutional conventions which enable the exchange of information between Ministers and officials.
- Information already publicly available on the Parliamentary website.
Documents are listed in date order with the oldest at top. Documents are available in Adobe PDF format only. Accessible versions, where available, can be supplied on request from email@example.com.