Progress and achievement
The information in this section applies to students in English-medium schools only. For information about what Year 1-8 students in Māori-medium settings learn, visit the Te Marautanga o Aotearoa area on TKI.
In this section
- National Standards
- National Standards in reading, writing and mathematics give teachers, children, parents, families and whānau a clear idea of where children are at.
- How your child's progress and achievement is assessed
- The overall approach to assessing progress and achievement has changed considerably and most schools in New Zealand now use assessment for learning
- Different schools have different homework policies - some set homework for older students but not younger ones, while others set homework for all students
- Getting the most out of parent-teacher interviews
- Parent-teacher interviews are a great way for you to learn how your child is progressing at school