Education in New Zealand
In this section we look at the New Zealand education system and how it is structured.
In this section
- Enrolment of students living unlawfully in New Zealand
- For parents of children living in New Zealand unlawfully and who wish to enrol their children as domestic students in a state or state-integrated school
- The New Zealand education system
- Learn more about how our education system is structured
- Early childhood education
- There’s a wide range of quality early childhood education (ECE) services catering for the different needs of families/whānau and most children participate in some form of early childhood education
- Schools in New Zealand
- General information about the types of schools in New Zealand, including decile rates, year levels, attendance, registration and more
- Information about homeschooling, how to apply and the application pack.
- The National Curriculum
- Teaching in schools is guided by the National Curriculum which is made up of two documents - The New Zealand Curriculum for English-medium schools and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa for Māori-medium schools