Funding, Staffing and Allowances Handbook
Chapters 1-5 and the References and Resources section of the Funding, Staffing and Allowances Handbook.
For the 2011 year, Chapter 6: Financial Management has been removed. This information and more in-depth financial management information can be found in the Financial Information for Schools Handbook (FISH).
The Ministry also has a team of financial advisors who are available to provide guidance, advice and support to schools. These financial advisors can be contacted through your local Ministry office.
In this section
- Resourcing handbook updates and downloads
- Details of itemised updates made to the Resourcing Handbook throughout the year. Print versions of each chapter are also available for download in PDF format
- Chapter 1: Operational funding
- This chapter provides information about the operational funding that boards receive and its components. It also details how to read the Operational Funding Entitlement and the Operational Funding Instalment notices
- Chapter 2: School staffing
- In this section we look at school staffing
- Chapter 3: Additional payments to schools
- In this section we look at payments made to boards in addition to their operational funding and staffing entitlement
- Chapter 4: Payments to individuals
- This section includes information on payments that may be made to either an employer or employees under a range of teacher supply initiatives, and/or provisions of their appropriate employment agreements
- Chapter 5: Roll returns, record keeping and resourcing audits
- This chapter includes information about the 1 March and 1 July roll returns, auditing the roll returns, and the records boards must keep of their rolls, enrolment and attendance
- References and resources
- Useful information from the references and resources section of the Funding, Staffing and Allowances handbook