English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Kia ora, Ni hao, Talofa lava, Kia orana, Salam alaikum, Greetings.
This is the main English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) page, from which you can access information about making application for ESOL funding, using the funding and a range of ESOL associated publications.
In this section
- ESOL funding and support initiatives
- Information about ESOL funding and support initiatives including resourcing, funding policy, the bilingual assessment service and funding assessment guidelines.
- Professional development
- Information about scholarships for teachers in schools to study towards TESSOL qualifications, and professional development for teacher aides and bilingual tutors using the Working with English Language Learners handbook and DVD
- Materials and resources
- Useful ESOL materials and resources including the Refugee Handbook for Schools, multilingual notices and forms, and migrant parent booklets in community languages
- ESOL news updates
- Regular news updates are produced by the Migrant, Refugee and International Education Team and sent to all schools with ESOL-funded and International students