Leadership Statement for International Education
Doubling the economic value of international education to New Zealand is at the heart of the Government’s new strategy for the sector. The Government has prepared the first version of a Leadership Statement for International Education, which sets bold aspirations for the growth that we want to achieve over the next 15 years and beyond.
The statement, which aims to double the economic value of international education to $5 billion over the next 15 years, includes targets to:
- develop and sustain mutually beneficial education relationships with key partner countries as a leading part of New Zealand Inc strategies in Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas
- increase annual revenues from providing education services offshore to at least $0.5 billion
- increase the number of international students enrolled in New Zealand providers offshore, from 3,000 to 10,000
- double the number of international postgraduate students (particularly in programmes in addition to those at PhD level) from 10,000 to 20,000
- increase the transition rate from study to residence for international university students
- increase New Zealanders’ skills and knowledge to operate effectively across cultures.
A copy of the Leadership Statement is available to download below. If you have problems opening this PDF, or have any questions about the document, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.